Phone: 804.775.6820Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial Litigation
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1975
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 1981
- Richmond Bar Association
- Mr. Pope has served on various Bar committees as well as community, charitable and religious boards.
Barrett E. Pope
During more than thirty-three years in private practice, Barrett Pope has represented clients in a variety of commercial lawsuits in federal and state courts. He is included in The Best Lawyers in America in Commercial Litigation and in Super Lawyers magazine in Business Litigation. He has been named among the Legal Elite in Civil Litigation by Virginia Business magazine.
Mr. Pope also has written numerous appellate briefs and argued before the Virginia Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He is listed among The Best Lawyers in America in Appellate Practice.
In addition to practicing law, he has served as the firm’s managing director for the past five years.
Mr. Popes cases have involved:
- Contract disputes
- Business torts
- Non-compete agreements and similar employment issues
- Lender liability
- Patent infringement
- Professional negligence
- Eminent domain
Mr. Pope received his law degree in 1981 from the University of Richmond, where he was a member of the Law Review, the National Moot Court team, and Omicron Delta Kappa. He graduated from the University of Virginia in 1975 with a Bachelor of Science in Commerce. Mr. Pope has been married for over thirty-eight years. His daughter and son are graduates of Radford University.
ARTICLES, SEMINARS & NEWS
- Co-author and lecturer, CIVIL DISCOVERY IN VIRGINIA, Virginia CLE
- Author, “NON-JURY TRIAL OF CIVIL LITIGATION: JUSTIFYING A COMPLEXITY EXCEPTION TO THE SEVENTH AMENDMENT,” 15 U.Rich. L Rev. 897
- Co-author, “EMPLOYEE COVENANTS NOT TO COMPETE: WHERE DOES VIRGINIA STAND?” 15 Rich. L Rev. 105
- Speaker at numerous continuing legal and accounting education seminars.